Improving the holiday season in GE communities worldwide, GE Volunteers are touching lives and making a difference, with focused efforts that began with GE’s Global Month of Service in November and continues to year-end.
GE Aviation employees are donating time to service projects that address community needs — supporting schools and charitable organizations in communities where we live and work. Here’s how GE Volunteers are making a positive impact:
- GE Volunteers in Greater Cincinnati hosted a “Breakfast with Santa” event for GE families as part of the annual Holiday Hope Drive. More than 1,000 employees, spouses and children attended, bringing new toys to be donated to community non-profits. In addition, collection boxes for toys, food, coats and clothing were filled by divisions and departments through the month, totaling 250 boxes of items provided to area organizations. Click here to see a short video about the Cincinnati Holiday Hope Drive.
- In Grand Rapids, MI, GE Volunteers supported “12 Days of Giving,” which featured a range of activities that include donations, volunteerism, and awareness events. GE Aviation employees worked to support a variety of organizations by collecting books, toys, socks, clothing, toiletries and food, and benefitting more than a dozen local non-profits.
- GE Volunteers in Bangalore transformed the Govt. Pre-University College in Kadugodi, Whitefield in a single day, applying fresh paint to 17 classrooms, doors, walls, and the building’s exterior. While at the school, GE Aviation employees engaged students with computer instruction and assisted with career counseling and health education.
- GE Aviation employees in West Jefferson, NC collected 30 “ShoeBox” gifts for local armed service members stationed overseas. Various teams and individuals organized and contributed to the drive to collect personal necessities, so they could send comforts from home to men and women serving abroad.
- St. Nicholas Day, presented by GE Aviation employees in Veresegyhaz, Hungary, featured variety of activities for children who attended. Among the highlights – gingerbread baking, painting, candle making and visits with St. Nicholas and The Kind Devil.
- In Lynn, MA, nearly 180 GE Volunteers donated more than 785 hours benefitting charitable organizations and local schools. GE Aviation employees also supported military service personnel in Afghanistan with a care package collection, which included personal notes in each care package.
- In Dayton OH, GE Volunteers donated time at House of Bread, preparing and serving food to clients, and at Ronald McDonald House, where the GE Aviation team provided cleaning services to tidy the facility.
To see GE Aviation’s volunteers in action, visit the GE Aviation Facebook page at www.facebook.com/geavolunteers.