Jon Blank, Executive, CMC and Coatings Materials for GE Aviation, discusses the importance of community and bringing your whole self to work every day.
Blank’s passion for family and creating a sense of community in the workplace is inspiring. He’s currently the co-diversity leader in inclusion, mentoring and coaching others about diversity and inclusiveness. Blank also leads the work/life integration and alignment group called MARC, (Men Advocating for Real Change). In this video, Blank emphasizes the importance of how bringing your whole self to work every day can help you be a better team member and stronger asset for your team.
“I really believe one of the fundamental elements of building a strong and productive team is creating that sense of community where we accept and embrace one another for the unique values that we each bring and really lift one another up.”
Did you know our Purpose Talks are a series? Catch up on previous Purpose Talks:
- “Do you have the courage to take the right risks?” with Jon Ohman
- “Are you surviving through change or rising through change?” with Andy Rector
- “Grit. Resiliency. Are these just buzz words?” with Lauren Tubesing
- “Veterans With a Purpose” with Tony and Katie Culic
- “Rise Up. Step Out. Be Authentic” with Heather Apple
- “Purpose as a Purpose” with Raghu Krishnamoorthy
- “Come Fly with Me” with Brad Mottier
- “Additive: Inventing the Future of Flight” with Sean Keith
- “Bringing Yourself to Work … 6 Moments” with Melissa Twiningdavis
- “From Bystanding to Standing Up” with Randy Hobbs
- “Engineering the Impossible” with Mohammad Ehteshami